FACTORY QUALITY TECHNICIAN - TULARE, CA - 2ND SHIFT (Military Veterans Wanted!)
Company: Nestle USA
Posted on: September 9, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY:The QA Technician's primary responsibilities will include raw material and packaging inspections, monitoring of in-process inspections and finished goods documentation review and/or performs a variety of standard microbiological, chemical and physical or sensory testing and assays. Responsibilities will also include maintaining logs and data records associated with job function (e.g. non-conforming materials, corrective action log, hold logs, net content files, etc.). PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:QUALITY
- The employee shall comply and execute the company Quality Policy on all required Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), quality and food safety requirements.
- Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in designated areas.
- Escalate quality or food safety findings or incidents to management.
- Supports the compliance for FSSC 22000 while supporting continuous improvement for Quality metrics/Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in their area of responsibility.
- Supports quality Improvement initiatives (e.g. consumer complaints, product defect reduction) within the factory.OPERATIONAL TASKS Manufacturing Support
- Supports investigations and problem solving on improvement projects (e.g. product defect reduction, consumer complaints), helps to identify root cause, and helps to identify corrective actions and monitors for effectiveness.
- Execute required tests on incoming ingredients and packaging according to the QMS (Quality Monitoring Scheme)
- Perform verification on finished goods documentation to ensure that each finished good lot meets positive release criteria.
- Support training for line operators to ensure process checks are accurate and timely as stated in the QMS.
- Collect finished good samples and is responsible for the sensory panel set-up.
- Place "Out of specification" material and/or product on quality hold. Communicate quality holds with supervisors
- Utilize net contents software/hardware as well as assist production operators with the use of net contents equipment.
- Calibrate lab equipment such as pH meter, moisture analyzers, refractometer, scales, etc. in accordance to the ICP (internal control plan) and regulatory standards.
- Support the execution of GMPs throughout the manufacturing plant and follow safety rules and procedures.
- Record results for product net contents, sensory, HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) plan and SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure).
- Assist in the Document Control System, record retention program and management of Recipe/Formula/Deviation database and distribution?
- Support the Management of Change process in their area of responsibility.
- Support Tracking/Trending of Behavior Based Quality Program.Laboratory Support
- Conducts daily routine sample analyses using standardized lab techniques and other instrumentation following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Organizes laboratory records and files, summarizes data, and prepares reports for management.
- Ensures compliance to all laboratory procedures and work instructions
- Supports laboratory activities to ensure that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in laboratory and other analytical areas.
- Responsible for daily/weekly plating, reading, product release/holds, swabbing, calibration, sample collection, Internal Control Plan, sample preparations, etc.
- Supports the administration, training, and execution of off- and on-line sensory and test methods.
- Supports laboratory compliance (Calibration, equipment testing, etc.) to FSSC 22000 and Nestl-- internal requirements
- Supports continuous improvement of Quality metrics/KPI's in the lab.
- Ensures the proper recording of laboratory and quality records in compliance with the QMS (Quality Monitoring Scheme).
- Supports Operations in attaining the Nestl-- Quality Standards.NESTL-- USA POSITION DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Technician, Factory QualitySAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestl-- guidelines pertaining to safety, health, and environmental.
- Be part of the culture change towards behavioral safety.NESTL-- CONTINUOUS EXCELLENCE
- Supports key Nestl-- Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiatives at the factory.
- Participates in operational management routinesOther duties as assigned by manager.SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
- Receives general supervision and direction from Quality Supervisor. Direction consists of clarification of factory and department policies, priorities, and goals. SUPERVISION GIVEN:
- Absence: In the absence of this person, the responsibilities of this position are delegated to the other Technicians / Specialists. .FINANCIAL/STRATEGIC IMPACT:
- Direct ability to impact product and laboratory quality to ensure only quality product is delivered to the consumer.
- Contribute to the Quality departmental budget goals.REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL: High School diploma or equivalent (e.g. GED) EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer1-3 years manufacturing QA/QC and/or laboratory experience in food industry.
- Prefer knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) SKILLS:
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
- Must be precise, accurate and well organized.
- Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Good mathematical (basic statistical skills highly desired), problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.) LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Understand the Business Environment: Takes action based on understanding of the customer and consumer needs; sees how personal contribution impacts the business
- Practice What You Preach: Acts with the organization's reputation (Quality) and best interest in mind; interacts with integrity and honesty
- Results Focus: Shows a drive to meet or exceed ambitious performance objectives and quality standards; achieve business results and continually find sustainable improvements in
- Proactive Cooperation: Actively contributes ideas, energy and the desire to success as a team; influences without authority; works through disagreements without damaging relationships.EEO/M/F/D/V POSITION DESCRIPTIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE EXHAUSTIVE LISTS OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, OR EFFORTS.THEY ARE INTENDED TO BE ACCURATE SUMMARIES OF WHAT THE POSITION INVOLVES AND WHAT IS REQUIRED TO PERFORM IT.
The Nestl-- Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Keywords: Nestle USA, Tulare , FACTORY QUALITY TECHNICIAN - TULARE, CA - 2ND SHIFT (Military Veterans Wanted!), Professions , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!