Company: Saputo Farms
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Job DescriptionThe Production Supervisor directly supervises production employees to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, addressing product and employee complaints and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Companys policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws.
- Works with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the plant.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments to machines.
- Coordinates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of production run assignments.
- Evaluates needs in production for daily assignment of duties; establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Complete all assigned paperwork, including but not limited to, production/packaging records, Master Cleaning Sanitation Lists, schedules, accident reports and investigations, and any other documents.
- Coordinate and conduct employee training (i.e. job, safety, etc.) and monitor work performance.
- Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records as required.
- Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Provides supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in grievances solutions or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Lead problem solving efforts in the warehouse through the facilitation of team meetings and on the floor leadership.
- Ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures. Support employee progressive disciplinary action activities in partnership with Human Resources.
- Promote safety programs and policies in order to reduce the number of safety incidents and near-misses.
- Trains and instructs employees regarding production and equipment standards and processes. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively apply the Saputo values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Saputo Farms, Tulare , Supervisor, Production, Professions , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!