Sr. Maintenance Reliability Manager
Company: Land O'Lakes
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Join Land O---Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to
fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We---re a global,
Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we
work for one another---not Wall Street. We---re proud to rank a Top
Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progression Sr. Maintenance Reliability
ManagerThe Sr. Maintenance Reliability Manager is primary
responsible for and has a proven track record in developing,
implementing, and driving strategies that will improve overall
condition of the facility through managing maintenance practices
and processes to increase and sustain plant and processing
equipment up-time, operational state, and plant utilities functions
including ammonia and refrigeration, as well as HVAC, steam,
boiler, water infrastructure and systems. This position ensures the
plant follows and maintains the equipment Corporate CMMS
reliability program for all plant production equipment and systems,
Corporate PSM Program requirements and ensures compliance with all
Federal, State and Local ammonia refrigeration requirements.Provide
overall leadership and direction to the reliability function. This
position is responsible to the Plant Manager for the safe,
effective and efficient use of all manpower, materials, parts and
other resources under their control as well as providing capacity,
asset reliability and best life cycle cost to the
operation.Responsible for defining, implementing, and managing the
systems, maintenance organization structure, and processes
necessary to achieve and sustain the reliability mission. Through
their efforts, a proactive culture which fosters open communication
and trust that values reliability, efficiency and effective life
cycle asset management is achieved.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fosters a culture that does not tolerate equipment failures and
seeks to understand and eliminate the causes using techniques such
as Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with
Maintenance Leadership, Planners, Storeroom personnel, Engineers,
Operators, and Mechanics.
- Develop and foster a communication network that promotes
interaction between mechanics, operators, Team Leaders, and
- Create a proactive work environment that involves mechanics in
the planning, coordinating, and execution of work.
- Develops and controls the maintenance budget that provides for
optimized spending to achieve the agreed upon capacity and asset
- Ensures standard reliability and maintenance work processes are
followed. Implements and tracks maintenance KPIs.
- Analyzes operational data and equipment performance history to
deliver improvements in critical maintenance related metrics /
- Develops and leads the reliability process to continuously
improve equipment up-time and reduce related maintenance cost.
- Develops and executes maintenance strategies to achieve plant
availability of 90%+.
- Implements and details Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP) on
- Manages reliability-related communications and best practice
- Manages the reliability workforce, develops succession plans,
skills assessments and training.--
- Manages the parts warehouse to maintain critical spares,
minimize necessary inventory and automate materials requisition
- Periodically benchmarks current performance with internal and
external sources to identify opportunities for improvement.
Enforces Management of Change processes.
- Ensures the reliability strategy is properly executed.
Implements organizational structure, systems, tools and
technologies that promote a proactive approach to maintenance.
- Ensures effective use and integration of standard corporate
work order planning, scheduling and materials kits.
- Develops, recommends and implements strategies for improving
the reliability of the manufacturing processes.
- Quality and Food Safety -- Ensure maintenance of machinery and
construction of equipment to meet quality and food safety standards
on open product zone areas.
- Develop and maintain plant preventative maintenance
- Document corrective action on preventive maintenance
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of
Land O--- Lakes, Inc. Quality Systems to assure compliance with
quality and food safety requirements.
- Facilitates best practice environmental, health and safety
programs. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Maintenance and or Engineering Management in a large-scale food
processing, manufacturing, or equivalent operation.
- CMMS / Reliability program development and / or OEE program
development and management.
- Management of ammonia refrigeration systems, process hazard
analysis, process safety management.
- Accountability for Controls and/or Instrumentation teams.
- Demonstrated people leadership experience and skills.
- Expertise with high speed and high-volume dairy foods
manufacturing processes and packaging related to cheese, butter,
milk or related products desirable.
- Food/Dairy/Chemical Manufacturing Processing leadership
requiring the use of a PSM regulated ammonia refrigeration system
with technical knowledge of refrigeration and maintenance systems,
equipment installation/startups and plant utility equipment.
- Solid project management, manufacturing processes, utilities,
- Labor Relations and union experience highly desired.
- Working knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations, GMPs,
Sanitation, and HACCP REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, or
related discipline highly preferred with a minimum of 7 years
reliability and/or maintenance experience and 3 plus years in a
leadership role required.-- Also consider, High School Diploma with
15 plus year of reliability, maintenance and leadership
experience.---- Note:-- This role will require off shift hours,
weekends and holidays as needed. Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains
a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance
abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy. Neither Land
O---Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for
confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive
a call or email like this, please do not provide the information
being requested.---- Land O'Lakes endeavors to make
Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would
like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or
need assistance completing the application process, please contact
the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F
Keywords: Land O'Lakes, Tulare , Sr. Maintenance Reliability Manager, Professions , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!