Posted on: October 21, 2019
DOR, Pkg, TFD, and MSD
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
1. Generally responsible for the accurate and
efficient drying of liquid product.
2. Runs quality tests on powder products, run s PH
test if required determines powder moistures, and
3. Responsible for maintaining product quality,
sanitation of equipment, and housekeeping standards.
4. Follows work instructions and cleaning procedures
related to drying liquid product.
5. Starts up, runs and shuts down the Dryers.
Coordinates proper atomization pressures and
installs appropriate nozzle orifice disc and swirl
chamber to maintain optimum powder moistures in the
main chamber and finished product.
6. Coordinates feed pump rate, condensed total solids,
inlet/exit air temperature, and dryer pressures to
maintain optimum powder moistures in the main
7. Interprets the ongoing status of the equipment s
8. Completes all required documentations and
adequately informs other operators and supervisors.
9. Fills de-foaming tank with appropriate chemical.
10. Fills lecithin tank when using MSD for Instantized
powder and verifies tank temperature.
11. Changes Baghouse socks in the MSD or Lactose as
12. Changes Pre-filters, Pocket filters, and HEPPA
filters in the Dryers as needed.
13. Inspects sifter screens on the MSD, Lactose and
TFD as needed
14. Verifies chemicals used for CIP s and titrates
washes to determine chemical concentration.
15. Properly maintains fill, weighs, seals, labels,
and product codes to comply with Saputo standards,
requirements and specifications.
16. Responsible for the inspection of bag seals.
17. Performs weight checks and metal detector checks
to assure consistency and compliance to Saputo
standards and policies.
18. Responsible for accurately taking samples.
19. Responsible for inspecting finished product bags
for cleanliness, damage, foreign matter, etc.
20. Properly calibrates the filling scales.
21. Properly perform magnet checks.
22. Maintain accurate records as required by Saputo
23. Effectively and safely make minor adjustments and
/ or trouble shooting equipment being operated.
24. Perform daily cleaning of all equipment and floors
in the Avapac, Tote Filler and Robot areas.
25. Responsible to cover breaks on the Carousel,
Inline, Robot, and Tote Filler.
26. Properly sets up the production lines for CIP and
27. Responsible for the CIP of the powder conveying
28. Responsible for safely shrink-wrapping pallets,
inspection of bag seals, stacking of finished
pallets and bulk bags.
29. Responsible for safely stocking supplies, slip
sheets, pallets, bags, liners, and hog feed totes.
Responsible for safely loading slip sheets and
pallets into the Palletizer.
30. Properly operates and flushes the Video Jet and
printer heads. Responsible for safely operating and
troubleshooting the Robot/Pallitizer Room.
31. Responsible for operating and changing the battery
on the Forklift. Removes full pallets and / or totes
from the filler lines and stage them.
32. Properly scans finished products into the
33. Properly fills out Metal Detector Charts as well
as replace them on a timely manner.
Continually required to stand and walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls;
reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel,
talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee will
occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs. Specific
vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
This position frequently requires mental/analytical
demands; the ability to read, analyze, and interpret
operating manuals and the ability to work
effectively under pressure is critical to this
While performing job duties of this job, the
employee will be subject to temperature extremes in
various parts of the facility. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate; however,
the employee will occasionally be exposed to noise
in various locations inside the plant.
Specific job selection criteria:
. Mechanical abilities and understanding of dryers
. Computer proficiency
. Good communication skills
Keywords: Saputo, Tulare , Operator, Whey, Other , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!