Development Lead - Remote Position
Company: Valley Agriculture Software
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Giving a dairy farmer more data doesn't help them. Giving them intelligence about their business that results from interpreting the data and turning it into actionable information does.Software providers like Valley Agricultural Software (VAS) are taking formerly desktop-based, single application solutions and providing business-wide platforms that provide real-time access to web-based intelligence via mobile devices, tablets and computers. These programs tie together all the variables that go into milk production in a single platform - from the feed to the cow to the parlor - providing actionable intelligence that allows today's dairy farmer to make decisions when it will have the greatest impact on production: now.VAS is currently searching for the right candidate that has a passion for the dairy software industry and wants to help make an impact of this very large ecosystem.Development LeadRESPONSIBILITIESThe Product that you will develop and support: FeedWatch, which is our feed management software designed from a philosophy of flexibility while maintaining complete analytical ability. It has been developed to help manage feeding systems accurately and easily on the farm. This software monitors feed use, sales, purchasing, animal intakes and cost. Other features include export files for consultants, graphing, customizable reports, user security levels, and chemistry levels, as well as current and forecasting inventories. More information about the Solution: Microsoft .Net C# desktop solution for managing the feed program on dairy farms. The product integrates with third-party feed scale software/hardware. The product integrates with the VAS Cloud Platform to allow for feed data to flow to and from our cloud solution.
- You will participate as a work-from-home member of the Engineering team to build and maintain the solution.
- You will act as a lead along with a team of 7 to accomplish this which include: 4 - Developers, an QA Engineer, a Product Lead, and a Project Manager.TECHNOLOGY YOU WILL USE
- MS C#
- MS SQL Express
- Developer Express windows controls
- JIRA WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU
- 5+ years .NET C# experience in a desktop application environment.
- 5+ years MS SQL and relational database experience.
- Understanding of windows services and serial communication.
- Basic understanding of XML and JSON.
- Knowledge of Developer Express windows controls is very helpful.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of Agile development practices.
- Good understanding of code reviews in an agile development team.
- Git & Github knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of dairy feeding operations is a big plus.
- Experience with JIRA a plus.
- Experience working in a remote environment is a plus. BENEFITS WE PROVIDEAt VAS, we pride ourselves with being the leader in the dairy software industry, but another area we excel in is benefits to our employees.
- VAS offers competitive salary in the top percentile for our field.
- Generous medical, vision, dental and HRA plans. Premiums fully paid for by VAS.
- Fidelity retirement plan and profit share at 10% of your annual gross salary.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and school activity time among others.
- Opportunity to grow within chosen field. HOW YOU CAN APPLYDoes this sound like a position you are interested in? Do you have what it takes to be a Development Lead and VAS team member? If so, please submit your resume to . Please include your letter of interest with your resume.We look forward to hearing all about you! - provided by Dice .NET C#, MS SQL, XML and JSON, Developer Express, Troubleshooting Skillset, Agile Environment, Git & Github, JIRA a plus
Keywords: Valley Agriculture Software, Tulare , Development Lead - Remote Position, Other , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!