Posted on: June 18, 2022
Overview:Transdev is actively seeking Dispatchers for their
Fixed Route and Paratransit service in the Tulare and Dinuba, CA
Under the general supervision of the Assistant General Manager, the
Dispatcher performs responsible technical work on assigned shift
dispatching transit equipment and operators in response to required
Join Transdev and become a part of the largest private-sector
operator of transportation in North America one that cares about
its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities owing to Transdevs presence in
over 200+ communities across North America
- Opening and/or closing of building at the beginning and/or
ending of daily operations, dependent upon assigned shift.
- Supervises driver sign in and make bus assignments.
- Check dispatch sheet make necessary changes, checks operator
- Supervises operation of the extra board, making necessary
assignments in proper rotation.
- Receives information and complaint calls outside of general
- Receives calls by telephone or radio giving location and
description of problems, dispatches assistance, as necessary.
- Prepares charter assignments as needed.
- Checks operators for proper uniforms, check operator daily
- Prepares the extra board.
- Reviews route modification with supervisors and operators.
- Reports accidents to police and Road Supervisors.
- Records operators' time and completes pay record sheets.
- Records bus defects and coordinates defect reports and change
outs with the Maintenance Department.
- Maintains dispatcher logs.
- Inventory buses as needed, checks with Maintenance Department
regarding available equipment.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Must possess a valid California license with a clean driving
record. A minimum of five (5) years licensed driving experience.
Must not have more than one traffic citation for a moving violation
within the past two years and must have no DWI/DUI convictions
within the past seven years. Must be able to obtain a CDL
- Read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse
with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and
signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries,
and to make entries on reports and records.
- Must be able to work weekends, very early mornings, days,
evenings, and holidays.
- Must be able to use company communications systems and
communicate clearly and effectively in person and over the
- Must be able to read a map and possess knowledge of the service
- Must be hospitable, guest/customer service oriented, and be
willing to serve the needs of passengers.
- Additional certification requirements must be met under Section
391.49 of the DOT code concerning the loss or impairment of
- Bilingual requirement English/Spanish
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check. Associated topics:
airport, bicyclist, cdl, cdl driver, chauffeur, collections,
procure, supply chain, transportation, warehouse
Keywords: transdevna, Tulare , Dispatcher, Other , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!