Director of Nursing Services RN (Registered Nurse) - Tulare
Company: Tulare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Under the direction of the Administrator, the Director of
Nursing Services is responsible for the administration and
management of Nursing Services to residents in accordance with
orders of the physicians and total needs of the residents.
Responsible for 24-hour supervision of Nursing Services.
• A graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state in which
• Experienced or trained in nursing service administration,
rehabilitation, psychiatric or geriatric nursing.
• One or more years of demonstrated ability in nursing
administration and/or supervision in a health
• Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to apply basic principles
of nursing care and teaching.
• Demonstrates leadership ability and capability to work
effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Maintains an interest and knowledge of current trends and new
developments in nursing and health
• Demonstrates interest and ability to work effectively with the
• A desire to work with geriatric and disabled persons.
• Ability to generate enthusiasm and cooperation from others.
• Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal
• Possession of good emotional and physical health.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English through both speech
• A genuine interest in and respect for people and a desire to be
of service to them.
• Ability to accept and work with persons with different social and
• Ability to work in a long-term care environment.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: GENERAL
• Assumes ultimate responsibility for coordinating plans for the
total care of each resident which comply with physician’s orders,
governmental regulations and facility resident care policies.
• Develops, maintains and upgrades nursing service objectives,
standards for nursing practice, nursing procedure manuals and
written job descriptions for each level of nursing personnel.
• Participates in the recruitment, selection, hiring, orientation,
training and dismissal of nursing personnel.
Job Descriptions Manual
Director of Nursing Services Administrator
• All Licensed Staff
• Certified and Non-Certified Nursing Assistants
• Restorative Nursing Assistants
• Assists in controlling nursing service hours and supply costs,
including recommendation for the number and type of nursing
personnel to be employed and nursing service equipment and supply
• Participates in admission and discharge planning for
• Maintains contact with physicians as necessary according to
resident needs, facility policies and
• Evaluates information to be shared with outside nursing personnel
and allied services for continuity of
• Assess community resources that may be utilized to improve
• Maintains good interpersonal relationships with residents and
their families, nursing personnel, allied
professional services and the community.
• Periodically visits residents to ensure maximum care and to
ascertain need to additional or modified
• Participates in professional organization activities, identifies
and meets educations need of staff
through meeting and in-service classes.
• Attends and participates in all required meetings, conferences
and policy making committees in the
• Promotes a safe environment within the facility, which includes
fire and accident prevention,
maintenance of sanitary conditions and assurance that all nursing
personnel understand their roles in
the event of a disaster or other disruption of services.
• Assures that an adequate orientation and in-service training
program is provided for all nursing
• Confers daily with the Administrator regarding current status of
nursing services and submits written
reports as requested.
• Assigns duties and delegates responsibilities to nursing
personnel according to their abilities.
• Evaluates performance of nursing personnel reporting to her/him
and maintains evaluation records.
• Coordinates nursing service with other resident care services
provided; such as physician, dietary,
occupational, physical and speech therapies, resident activities,
social services, medical records and
• Assures that a resident Plan of Care is established for each
resident and that the plan is reviewed and
modified as needed.
• Encourages staff development and professional growth.
• Assures adequate 24-hour nursing coverage in the facility each
• Designates a responsible professional nurse to be in charge of
the nursing service during the absence
of the Nursing Director.
• Provide close supervision and direction to the Charge Nurses to
continually improve the nursing care
• Reviews and corrects findings and deficiencies of Pharmacy
Consultant, Department of Health
Services, Dietary Consultant, Medical Records Consultant, Quality
Assurance Team and prevent re-
occurrence by implementation of recommendations and follow
• Maintains quality assurance in facility by frequent nursing
rounds and continuous assessment of
resident conditions from admission through discharge.
• Assumes responsibility for investigation of alleged abuse or
unusual occurrence as outlined within our
established policies and procedures.
Job Descriptions Manual
• Presents professional image to consumers through dress, behavior
• Adheres to Company standards for resolving consumer concerns.
• Ensures that all resident rights are protected.
Keywords: Tulare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Tulare , Director of Nursing Services RN (Registered Nurse) - Tulare, Other , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!