Physician / Psychiatry / California / Permanent / Psychiatrist Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Get on (and in!) the Green in Corcoran, California
The Community - Corcoran , California
First and foremost, the City of Corcoran is the center hub for
multiple luscious, rolling green hills belonging to prestigious
golf courses that you can kick back in your cart, relax, and enjoy
the beath-taking views. Enjoy proximity to the Tulare Golf Course,
the Valle Oaks Golf Course and of course, the Lemoore Golf Course.
If that's not your style then fret not, there are ample things and
areas open for exploration! The Kings River offers full days of
outdoor excitement ranging from river tours, fly fishing to hiking.
Then again, if the outdoors isn't exactly appealing, make your way
to downtown where you can spend your days leisurely strolling
through the town and finding which shops will be your favorite
place to go and which restaurants have the best chefs in their
kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Corcoran has a spot
reserved just for you, and it's yours for the taking!
Explore Corcoran here.
About the Facility - California State Prison - Corcoran
CSP-Corcoran is a complex, multi-mission institution complrised of
the following facilities: Level I, Level III, Level IV,
Administrative Segregation Unit, Security Housing Unit, Protective
Housing Unit, General Population, Prison Industry Authority, a
fully licensed Correctional Treatment Center, Long Term Restricted
Housing and Enhanced Program Facility.
California Correctional Health Care Services designated COR a
"basic care" institution. Basic care institutions maintain a
generally healthy patient population with the capability of
providing specialty medical services. We maintain 50 licensed beds
in our Correctional Treatment Center (CTC), 24 Mental Health Crisis
Beds (MHCB), and 14 beds in out Outpatient Housing Unit (OHU).
August 16, 2015, COR received national accreditation from the
Commission on Accreditation for Corrections. This accreditation
program is based on national standards set by the American
Facility Address: 4001 King Ave, Corcoran, CA 93212
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Meet with mentally ill patient-inmates/youths for crisis
interventions, face-to-face interviews, etc. Must be able to
provide clinical face-to-face interviews at cell fronts in inmate
housing units. In some institutions, multi-tiered housing units may
require the ability to climb stairs and walk long distances.
- Conduct initial mental health evaluations including criminal,
psychiatric, and substance abuse case history to assess
inmate's/ward's current needs and make treatment recommendations in
the initial evaluation.
- Conduct clinically sound suicide risk evaluations including
clinical reviews, applying suicide risk assessment protocols,
pertinent data/chart reviews, proper documentation and
consultations as needed.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Treatment Team (IDTT)
- Document all care provided to the patient-inmate/ward,
including face-to-face contacts and IDTT meetings.
- Monitor inmate/ward progress using Subjective, Objective,
Assessment, Plan and Education (SOAPE) formatted progress
- Effectively applies community standard of practice for
psychiatric treatment modalities and ethical standards.
- Perform mental status exam (MSE) in face-to-face clinical
- Identify the relevant signs and symptoms of
medical/psychological disorders in order to comprehensively
diagnose, assess and manage the presenting symptomatology.
- Examine prior mental health records, institutional chromos,
probation reports, court records and other available documents to
assist in the formulation of patient's diagnosis and aid in the
development of the inmate's/ward's treatment plans.
- Review, examine and diagnose psychiatric patients of all ages
and patient records and files in mental health program to determine
progress, effectiveness and/or appropriateness of treatment
- Consult, as necessary, with supervising psychiatrist on
unusual, complex, or serious cases, or present such cases to a
clinical conference for advice or decision.
- Provide clinical consultation to psychiatric staff on unusual,
complex or serious problems and cases where technical expertise is
- Prescribe medication as deemed appropriate for treatment and
utilize the CDCR Correctional Formulary or obtain non-formulary
- Interpret laboratory results and make clinically appropriate
referrals to medical services, as appropriate.
- Determine type of psychiatric and general medical treatment
- Prescribe changes in treatment when indicated.
- When conditions are suspected, adhere to mandated reporting
requirements regarding California Psychiatrists, including, but not
limited to, reported child and elder abuse, danger to self or
others, duty to warn (Tarasoff) reporting and other confidentiality
- Develop a therapeutic relationship with the
patient-inmate's/ward's families and caretakers to enhance
effective treatment delivery.
- Work in consult with primary care medicine in identifying and
managing co-occurring, co-morbid and treatment related medical
- Make clinical rounds and review progress of patients, including
assessments in inmate/ward housing units.
- Serve periodically as psychiatrist-of-the-day for on-call/call
back during weekend and off-hours for patient emergencies, Mental
Health Crisis Beds follow up, and 5-day follow ups.
- Administer psychiatric treatment with assistance, as necessary,
from other health care providers.
- Maintain order and supervise
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Tulare , Physician / Psychiatry / California / Permanent / Psychiatrist Job, Healthcare , Corcoran, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!