Posted on: September 13, 2022
A family-owned industrial fluid processing company in the San
Joaquin Valley is seeking a General Manager to join their team.
This position is the key driver of business performance, cultural
excellence, and resource allocation. The General Manager is
responsible for maximizing annual revenue of the plant while
controlling costs, directing all execution functions needed to
execute sales contracts, and shaping the work environment to
deliver high performance while maintaining a high-quality work life
for all employees.Responsibilities include:
- Support the company's mission, uphold the values, and work to
improve the business as a whole.
- Provide top level leadership and direction to all facility
staff, ensuring optimum performance and output.
- Forecast future facility and production needs and lead the
establishment of strategic business and project goals. Work with
ownership to ensure strategic goals are consistent and in line with
vision for company.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all execution functions, including
production planning, manufacturing, quality assurance, and
logistics. Allocate resources in an efficient and effective
- Establish and set production plans and goals on a daily,
weekly, and monthly basis. Use data to manage these expectations
and compare actual results to plan.
- Determine production planning based on contracted sales.
Communicate production expectations and actuals to the sales
- Help maintain a diversified and balanced customer portfolio
that effectively spreads price/liquidity risk across a broad
spectrum within the global marketplace. Rationalize and support
committed positions, actual, and forecasted revenue.
- Work with ownership on opportunities for improvements and ways
to improve the financial results of the company. Understand and
advise on overall business performance and key financial
- Maintain high level of communication and custodianship of all
growers by maintaining and delivering on programs that are
meaningful and impactful to this key constituency.
- Build a close partnership with Director of Finance to
collaborate on all financial activity including but not limited to
annual budgeting, forecasting, managing and tracking all cost,
labor and material expenses, capital projects, purchasing,
- Work closely with Director of Human Resources on hiring,
termination, employee investigations, and workers' compensation
claims. Ensure all new hires receive required and appropriate
- Ensure compliance of all State, Federal, and Local regulatory,
environmental, and safety regulations for the facility.
- Focus on continuous improvement and process
- Bachelor's degree in relevant subject matter. Master's degree
- Five plus years of experience in general management or
equivalent senior level capacity.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including ability to link,
perform VLOOKUP's, and utilize complex formulas and pivot
- Possess strong business acumen, including working knowledge of
all disciplines in the firm. High level of accounting and finance
understanding and how these disciplines relate to managing a
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing
financial plans to meet company's objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead, and develop high-performing
teams with proven track record of accomplishments in the food
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, process-oriented, and
focused. Deadline oriented with a high level of energy.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills in order to work
collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in verbal and written form.
- Experience communicating with executive level management on
Company initiative, both financial and non-financial.Skill
- Critical Thinking - Use logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems. Ability to articulate and discuss
- Judgement and Decision Making - Consider the relative costs and
benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Communication Skills - Communicate effectively verbally and in
writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Comfortable
with written communication as a way of updating Ownership on a
- Complex Problem Solving - Identify complex problems and review
related information to develop and evaluate options and implement
- Financial Modeling - Ability to break complex business decision
down into understandable data which should guide decision making
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivate, develop, and
direct people as they work, identify the best people for the
- Time Management - Manage one's own time and the time of
- Management of Financial Resources - Determine how money will be
spent to get the work done, and accounting for these
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Customer focused and results oriented.Compensation:
This position offers a competitive salary depending on
qualifications and experience. In addition, compensation includes:
- Health insurance, 401k with company match, paid time off, sick
leave, paid holidays
- Relocation assistance, if neededAll offers of employment
contingent on a background check. EOE. Please note that Morrison
does not recruit from client personnel (click here for
Keywords: Morrison, Tulare , General Manager, Executive , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!