Sr. Operations Manager
Company: Land O'Lakes
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to
fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global,
Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we
work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top
Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progressionSr. Operations ManagerJob
DescriptionThe Senior Operations Manager will manage our Butter and
Powder Departments in a 24-hour operation mentoring, coaching and
training 250 plus team members to develop effective and efficient
teams. Focus efforts on ensuring teams are executing activities
that safely deliver quality and quantity, on time, continuously and
efficiently, at the lowest cost.Job responsibilities are relatively
broader in scope and impact. Will have Butter, Powder, and Night
Operation Manager direct report responsibility. Collaborate with
Plant Leadership Team to develop and implement short and long-term
strategies, including project leadership, staffing and employee
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Food Science, or related
- 10 plus years of management experience in food or dairy large
scale/multiple platform processing/manufacturing operations
- Proven progressive leadership experience
- Hands-on and strategically manages activities of the food
production of finished goods including both processing and
packaging to ensure smooth, efficient plant
- Makes recommendations to senior management on long range labor
strategies and capital equipment needs.
- Collaborates with Human Resources in grievance resolution and
ensures strict and consistent application of current labor
- Prepares reports as necessary to document departmental/shift
activities and/or provide information to other management
- Implements safety, security and sanitation programs.
- Ensures finished product quality standards are understood and
- Identifies, obtains and develops staff capabilities needed to
consistently meet objectives.
- Monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals and
objectives either directly or through support staff.
- Ensures industry best practices are applied and employees are
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people &
- Must be able to make quick decisions on the spot & support
those decisions to your peers, employees, and plant
- Ability to manage multiple projects & multi-task with
- Results orientation with track record of successful
- Ability to influence a positive employee environment.
- Ability to drive safety & safe behaviors while maintaining the
goal of preventing all injuries.
- Must be able to influence change & lead those who oppose
- LEAN / Six Sigma / TMM experience.
- Budget and cost control skills.Experience-Education
- MBA, Master's Degree in Food Science, Engineering, or related
- 15+ years working as a team leader in a multi-faceted team is
- Dairy manufacturing experience.
- Leadership roles in Union environment highly
- High Speed Manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Improvement Processes
and/or Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt.
- SAP or ERP or other system skills a plus.
- Change agent skills must motivate and inspire others to see the
company mission and vision.
- Milk Balancing experience desirable.
- Experience and career history with "Fortune 500" type companies
strongly desired.Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free
workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse
testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.Neither Land O'Lakes,
nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for
confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive
a call or email like this, please do not provide the information
being requested.----Land O'Lakes endeavors to make
Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would
like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or
need assistance completing the application process, please contact
the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F
Keywords: Land O'Lakes, Tulare , Sr. Operations Manager, Executive , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!