Engineering Manager - Tulare
Company: Sterling Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Tulare, CA
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals
like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in
the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides
exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S. -
Hire Type: - Direct hire
Job Summary: -
The Engineering Manager will manage the development and execution
of technical initiatives at the plant. This includes the management
of process, reliability, automation/equipment engineering and
project management for the plant engineering team.
- Partner - with - Plant - Director - of - Corporate - Director -
of - Engineering - to - understand - forecasted - demand, - conduct
- capacity - analysis, - ensure - manpower - and - capital - is -
in - place - to - achieve - requirements.
- Develops - and - distributes - progress - and - project -
status - reports - for - plant - projects.
- Engages - in - creative - problem - solving - to - address -
operational - issues - including - ergonomic/safety, - efficiency -
improvements, - process - bottlenecks, - quality - concerns.
- Work - with - the - team - to - ensure - manufacturing -
processes - are - effectively documented - through - work -
instructions - and - operating - procedures.
- Guides - Manufacturing - Engineering - and - support -
functions - for - current - manufacturing - processes, - new -
process - justification - and - implementation, - machines, -
equipment, - tooling - and - work - standards.
- Coordinates - all - Capex - projects - related - to - the -
facility - including - forecasting, - planning - and - monitoring -
projects - to - completion. - Coordinates - outside - vendors.
- Partners - with - Plant - Director - and internal - and -
external - teams - to - ensure - productivity - compliance -
through - process - improvement - and - efficiency.
- Drive - safety - awareness, - comprehension, - and - compliance
- with - all - company, - plant - and - OSHA - requirements. -
Provide - technical - support - as - needed.
- Provide - guidance - and - oversight - in - development - and -
execution - of - plant - renovations - and - expansions, -
coordinates - outside - contractors - and - vendors.
- Fire - protection - system -- - sprinklers, - fire - pumps, -
hydrants, - towers, - emergency - notification - systems, -
- Manage - all - NH3 - operations, - ensuring - PSM - system - is
- compliant - with - OSHA - regulations.
- Advise - and - assist - plant - management - staff - and -
supervisors - in - development - of improved - equipment -
operating - methods - and - processes - for - more - efficient -
- Establish - objectives - for - efficiency - of - plant - energy
- consumed, - managing - utility - costs - by - collaborating -
with - maintenance - manager.
- Work - with - Maintenance - Manager - to - ensure - that -
overall - Engr. - And Maintenance - Department - goals - are -
- Work - with - governmental - agencies - and - third-party -
companies -(AXA, - etc.) - as - needed - to - ensure - Facility -
is - compliant - with all - regulations.
- Accountable - for - the - QRMP -(Quality Risk Management -
Process) - standards - as - outlined - in - the - plant' s - QRMP -
accountability - document, - including - the - implementation, -
improvement - and - ongoing - maintenance.
- Following - up - with - facility - team - leaders - on -
continuous - cost - reduction/process - improvement ideas - and -
performing - other - responsibilities - as - the - need -
- Ability to work flexible hours. May include weekends, holidays
or late shifts during installation periods.
- Bachelor' s - Degree - in - Engineering, - Mechanical -
Engineering - preferred.
- 5+ - Years - demonstrated - experience - managing -
direct-reporting - team - members - preferred.
- Food - industry - experience.
- Familiar - with - the - following - trades: - Mechanical, -
Electrical, - Automation, - Utilities - and - Construction.
- Strong - Analytical, - problem-solving - and - decision-making
- Financial - and - budgetary - skills.
- Understanding - of - instrumentation, - PLC - and - Scada -
- Ability - to - build - trusting, - strategic - and - effective
working - relationships - that - improve - team - performance - and
- deliver - results.
- Ability - to - prioritize - and - manage - projects - in - a -
changing, - complex - environment.
- Strong - organizational - skills - and - proven - attention -
to - detail.
- Strong - verbal - and - written - communication - skills.
- Proficiency - with - MS - Project, - AutoCAD, - and - Microsoft
- Office - applications.
- Knowledgeable of regulatory issues, dairy equipment and
processes. Needs to continually update knowledge regarding
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information -
Keywords: Sterling Engineering, Inc., Tulare , Engineering Manager - Tulare, Engineering , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!