Sr. Administrative Assistant - Tulare
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: March 11, 2020
Job DescriptionENERGY FOR WHATS AHEADAre you looking to make a
difference in your career? Were working on smarter grids, cleaner
energy and tools to help people manage energy more
efficiently.About Transmission and DistributionSouthern California
Edisons (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit
(T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing,
operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities
throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward
of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver
electricity to 14 million residents via SCEs 5 million customer
accounts.Position OverviewThe Administrative Assistant will be
located at the Jan Joaquin Valley Service Center, in the
Distribution Construction & Maintenance division within Southern
California Edisons (SCE) Transmission and Distribution
organization. The successful candidate will provide administrative
support to the Planning Department and interact daily with
management, staff, and external contacts.Typical
- Perform work order package breakdown into necessary
post-planning packages, gather information for all Planners field
visit and design of project.
- Ensure completeness of work orders and/or resolve work order
- Direct internal and external customer correspondences to
appropriate person/department (e.g. billing, logistics, offline
support, etc.) including handling confidential and sensitive
telephone calls, files, documents, and reports.
- Process incoming information and update department databases as
required while generating reports and preparing documents and
materials using MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Receive and review contracts for accuracy and completeness
including updating customer orders.
- Generate and process research reports, meter order backlog,
inactive lists, pending cancellations, and various other
- Managing multiple project and manager calendars, including
scheduling and coordinating meetings, and conference calls for
project and management staff.
- Maintain and organize files in SharePoint.
- Order supplies and equipment, submit and track repair and
- Plan, organize and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
while maintaining daily tasks and adjusting to changing
- Interface with SCE management and personnel at all levels
throughout the district and company
- Create and maintain a safety conscious work environment by
leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols
and safe work practices.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as
- Three or more years of experience performing advanced
administrative, secretarial, and clerical functions.Desired
- Bachelors Degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite applications (i.e. Excel,
PowerPoint, Word) with experience in generating reports, graphs,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a multi-task environment, coordinating,
planning and organizing heavy workloads, and adjusting to changing
priorities with minimal supervision.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to meet
time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage stress, engage in continuous
learning, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology
and innovation.Test Requirements
- Please reference test EEI BCAB (5206) and Excel Test (4118) as
this test is required as part of the selection process for this
position. If you are requested to test, you will be contacted by
Corporate Test Administration upon passing the resume screening
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection
process will be invited to test via email and are encouraged to
review any tests required in this job posting - Link to Information
or visit www.eei.org/practicetests or www.eei.org/testingbrochures
to access practice tests and test brochures. Username = paper,
Password = penCandidates who have previously passed EEI BCAB (5206)
and Excel (4118) may not need to retest for this position.Comments
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work
directly as employees for any employer in the United States without
visa sponsorship.Southern California Edison, an Edison
International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of
approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a
50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and
Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely
delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for
over 125 years.SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will
not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Tulare , Sr. Administrative Assistant - Tulare, Administration, Clerical , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!