Sr. Administrative Assistant - Tulare
Company: Edison International
Posted on: March 6, 2020
Sr. Administrative Assistant - Tulare
- Job ID: 71029654
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Tulare, CA US
- Other Locations: Job Description
ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working
on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage
energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution
Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning,
engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission
and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile
territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets
that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 14 million
residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
The Administrative Assistant will be located at the Jan Joaquin
Valley Service Center, in the Distribution Construction &
Maintenance division within Southern California Edison's (SCE)
Transmission and Distribution organization. The successful
candidate will provide administrative support to the Planning
Department and interact daily with management, staff, and external
- Perform work order package breakdown into necessary
post-planning packages, gather information for all Planners' field
visit and design of project.
- Ensure completeness of work orders and/or resolve work order
- Direct internal and external customer correspondences to
appropriate person/department (e.g. billing, logistics, offline
support, etc.) including handling confidential and sensitive
telephone calls, files, documents, and reports.
- Process incoming information and update department databases as
required while generating reports and preparing documents and
materials using MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Receive and review contracts for accuracy and completeness
including updating customer orders.
- Generate and process research reports, meter order backlog,
inactive lists, pending cancellations, and various other
- Managing multiple project and manager calendars, including
scheduling and coordinating meetings, and conference calls for
project and management staff.
- Maintain and organize files in SharePoint.
- Order supplies and equipment, submit and track repair and
- Plan, organize and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
while maintaining daily tasks and adjusting to changing
- Interface with SCE management and personnel at all levels
throughout the district and company
- Create and maintain a safety conscious work environment by
leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols
and safe work practices.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience performing advanced
administrative, secretarial, and clerical functions.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite applications (i.e. Excel,
PowerPoint, Word) with experience in generating reports, graphs,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a multi-task environment, coordinating,
planning and organizing heavy workloads, and adjusting to changing
priorities with minimal supervision.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to meet
time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage stress, engage in continuous
learning, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology
- Please reference test EEI BCAB (5206) and Excel Test (4118) as
this test is required as part of the selection process for this
position. If you are requested to test, you will be contacted by
Corporate Test Administration upon passing the resume screening
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection
process will be invited to test via email and are encouraged to
review any tests required in this job posting - Link to Information
Guides or visit www.eei.org/practicetests or
www.eei.org/testingbrochures to access practice tests and test
brochures. Username = paper, Password = pen Candidates who have
previously passed EEI BCAB (5206) and Excel (4118) may not need to
retest for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work
directly as employees for any employer in the United States without
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX)
company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5
million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area
within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility
leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity
to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate
based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Edison International, Tulare , Sr. Administrative Assistant - Tulare, Administration, Clerical , Tulare, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!